A twist on modernism, tours of iconic midcentury architecture and design in Palm Springs, Mad Men, and more await you today.
Check out a few of the highlights from today’s available events. Online tickets for most events are no longer available, but you can still purchase tickets on-site at CAMP!
Today at CAMP
- Modernism With a Twist – Join the cheeky modernists from Makerville and grab a Happy Hour beverage from the bar, on us, and settle in for an entirely different take on mid-mod madness.
- Swanky South End – Get a taste of Palm Springs history and get to know the movers and shakers who shaped its growth and development.
- Premier and Express Double Decker Architectural Bus Tours – Missed your chance to buy your tickets online? Late birds can still stop by CAMP to snag some last-minute tickets and purchase on-site!
- The Christopher Kennedy Compound – For the 3rd year, designer Christopher Kennedy brought today’s most prominent tastemakers together to design the Modernism Week Showhouse 2016.
- The Sun Went to Their Heads: California, Graphic Design, and Modernism
- American Modern Architecture: Frame + Character in Hitchcock’s Cinematic Spaces
- Preserving Modern Landscape Architecture & Making Post War Designs Visible
Purchase the 3 Lecture Ticket Package for all three of these lectures at the Palm Springs Art Museum Annenberg Theater.
- Mad Men Affair at the Abernathy House – Celebrate the creator and design team of Mad Men at the Abernathy Residence (1962), designed by Desert Modernist architect William Cody.
- St. Theresa School Student Modernism Projects – An exhibition of student projects inspired by important local midcentury architecture will be on display in the school’s art room.