Online Bidding Event Features More Than 100 Unique Architectural Experiences, Items, Exclusive VIP Modernism Week Event Tickets, and Much More
Modernism Week will offer an exciting online auction of unique and compelling experiences and intriguing and distinctive items just in time for the holiday season. The online bidding event, called the “Best of Modernism – Holiday Edition” Auction, will run 9 days from December 2-10, 2023, and will feature more than 100 unique architectural experiences, exclusive VIP Modernism Week event tickets and experiences packages, access to exclusive sold-out parties, and uncommon items not typically available to the public. Hopeful bidders may set up an account on the auction page and submit bids during the event. The winners will be announced after bidding concludes. The “Best of Modernism – Holiday Edition” Auction will take place at modernismweek.com starting December 2, 2023, at 12 Noon PST. All funds raised will go to support Modernism Week, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
“Modernists have begun to appreciate that Modernism Week’s annual online auction offers one-of-a-kind exclusive architectural experiences and unique products that they would not be able to find anywhere else,” said Mark Davis, Modernism Week’s Theater and Travel Producer, who is organizing the auction. “This year we have been fortunate to secure some very exciting items, including some architectural surprises. There is literally something in a variety of price ranges for everyone, including those hard-to-please modernists on your holiday shopping list.”
Highlighted auction items include:
· Modernism Week Opening Weekend VIP four-night package at Hotel Del Marcos, including 2 tickets for the following events: Modernism Week Opening Night Party, the highly anticipated ‘Big Reveal Party at the Shag House,’ and the swanky Midcentury Magic Cocktail Party at a 1954 Wexler-designed Deepwell Ranch Residence.
· A two-night stay at Mod Lodge, a unique sumptuous property in nearby Pioneertown. Walking distance to Pappy and Harriet’s, the 2,000 square foot home on five acres features an impressive array of vintage furniture and amenities.
· A two-night stay in Bungalow PSP, a fabulously renovated unit at the fabled and historic Ocotillo Lodge, built in 1957 by Palmer & Krisel as a magnificent hotel.
· A private two-hour wine and charcuterie reception for six at Frey House II.
· A one-week stay at the fully restored 1954 former residence of Sarasota School of Architecture architect Gene Leedy.
· Original Julius Shulman photographs.
· A Grand 10’ Modern and a Jubilee tabletop Christmas tree from Modern Christmas Tree.
· 22” x 30” classic 1955 photograph of John Wayne on the movie set of ‘The Searchers’ by John R. Hamilton – Limited Edition of 35, John R. Hamilton Archives.
· Two Danish midcentury abstract Rya and one Flat-Weave area rugs.
· Modernism Week Opening Weekend VIP four-night package in a two-bedroom suite at the new, chic Drift Palm Springs Hotel, including 2 tickets for the following events: Modernism Week Opening Night Party, the highly anticipated ‘Big Reveal Party at the Shag House,’ and the swanky Midcentury Magic Cocktail Party at a 1954 Wexler-designed Deepwell Ranch Residence.
· Two-night stay at the glamorous Parker Hotel in Palm Springs.
· Set of 8 vintage Vera for Mikasa ‘The Birches/Black” 10 3/8” dinner plates and matching 12” platter.
· A two-night stay for two couples in a privately owned 1958 Frank Lloyd Wright House which includes all the original furnishings. The stay includes a catered dinner for four.
· $2,500 shopping spree at Room & Board.
· The Annual Ultimate Lego Set – Lego Architecture 21037 Lego House Billund Denmark, which is only sold at the Lego House HQ in Billund, designed by Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG).
· A deluxe room for four nights at the Kimpton Rowan Hotel/Palm Springs during Modernism Week’s Opening Weekend, including two tickets for the following events: Modernism Week Opening Night Party, the highly anticipated ‘Big Reveal Party at the Shag House,’ and the swanky Midcentury Magic Cocktail Party at a 1954 Wexler-designed Deepwell Ranch Residence.
· A Shagtastic four-night stay in the ‘Shag Room’ at the midcentury modern Del Marcos Hotel, including two tickets to the following events: VIP Seats at Shag With A Twist – A Murder Mystery Musical and pre-theater reception hosted by Shag, the Shag House Big Reveal Party, Modernism Week Opening Night Party, and other sold-out events.
The auction will conclude Sunday December 10 at 12 Noon PST. Winning bidders will be notified soon after the auction closes.
Modernism Week top sponsors include Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery, Brizo, Dunn-Edwards Paints, JennAir, Flor, Natural Retreats, and Willis. The City of Palm Springs is the Civic Presenting Sponsor. To receive Modernism Week updates, visit modernismweek.com and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter) and Threads.