Read on for two special events that were just added to the Fall Preview Schedule, as well as popular tours with increased capacity!
Frey House II Tour + Museum Day Pass
October 14-17, 2021
This historic home is rarely open to the public, but we are thrilled to offer tours during Fall Preview! Frey House II was the personal residence of architect Albert Frey, the “Father of Desert Modernism.” Completed in 1964, this historic hillside landmark was designed to have as little impact on the surrounding environment, and serves as an iconic example of site-specific architecture and design in Palm Springs.
Tour tickets will also include admission to both the Palm Springs Art Museum and the Architecture & Design Center, where “The Modern Chair” exhibit is currently on view.
Tickets here – $50 (2 hrs)
Hot Purple Energy Architectural Bike Ride
October 16, 2021
Hot Purple Energy returns with their popular architectural bike tour! Ride through several Palm Springs neighborhoods that contain midcentury homes. Follow the electronic map (or track the route via the biking app, Strava) to enjoy the sights at your own pace.
Please note that bikes are not provided on this free tour. Bring your own set of wheels, or contact Big Wheel Tours to rent one: firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 548-0500. Bikes will be available by prior reservation only.
RSVP here – Free (1 hour, or at your own pace)
Due to popular demand, the following events have increased capacity! Available ticket dates are also listed below:
- Heart of the City – Women Built This Town (October 14-17)
- Marvels of Modernism Masters – Visionary Architects Shine (October 14 and 17)
- Modernist Treasures – Lush Living on the Links (October 14-16)
- Rat Pack Playground – Modernist Homes (October 15-17)
- Shangri-La of the Stars – Midcentury Showcase (October 14-17)
- Tour of Temple Isaiah: Comparing Past and Present (October 15 and 17)
- Twin Palms Estates Exteriors Walking Tour – Krisel with the Alexanders Ushered in a New Design Era (October 14 and 16)