It’s the first day of President’s Day weekend and we’re ready to kick off the second day of Modernism Week with a slew of amazing events. Read on for all the Friday highlights and come check out CAMP!
Stop by CAMP to pick up tickets from the box office, see interactive art and design exhibitions, or watch Thermador chef demos in the Ferguson Kitchen. Grab snacks from Cheeky’s to Go. Test drive an Alfa Romeo and enter to win a new Stelvio SUV. If you missed last night’s Opening Night Party, you can still catch The Dreamboats‘ acoustic set today at 3pm. CAMP is located at 230 Museum Way across from the Palm Springs Art Museum, and opens from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Full CAMP schedule here.
STAR DEDICATION CEREMONY
This year, Modernism Week is thrilled to present stars to two remarkable individuals who have contributed so greatly to their communities, cities, and industries. Join us today at 2pm at the Palm Springs Museum Architecture and Design Center for the first of these two dedications which honors architect Paul R. Williams, LA’s quintessential modernist for his groundbreaking contributions. This event is free and open to the public. More information available here.
Tickets will be available at the door for select home tours! Discover a modern-day classic post and beam during the Steel & Glass 2018 Home Tour (1405 Avenida Sevilla, $35). Soak in the colors and inspiration at the Moroccan Modern, Modernism Week’s first Showcase Home by Thomboy Properties (1275 E Via Estrella, $40).
Don’t miss Modernism With Soul at 10:30am, a lecture about Chicago’s architectural legacy ($12). Join Atomic Ranch for the first of their talk and home tour series, as they give expert advice on finding a MCM marvel and take you on a tour through a couple homes on the market today ($45). Tickets will also be available at the door for all of today’s talks and presentations.
If you pounce now, you can still snag a ticket to this weekend’s best parties! Feel the tiki beat at the Royal Hawaiian Estates ($125), and beat the crowds to score vintage treasures during the Preview Party at the 18th Annual Modernism Show & Sale ($85). Tickets available at the door for both events. Tomorrow Modernism Week turns up the heat with La Fiesta Moderna ($175) and invites guests to experience an impeccably restored Hal Lacey manse with the Modernism Week Showcase Home – Moroccan Modern party ($100).
There are still a few seats left for the world premiere of the documentary “Albert Frey: Part 1 – The Architectural Envoy,” which debuts in Palm Springs on Sunday, February 18. Catch the movie at Camelot Theaters ($25). VIP ticket holders will go on to a cocktail reception at the Hidden Frey, a 1966 tennis estate designed by Albert Frey to enjoy the full and immersive Frey experience ($125).
Get the scoop on the upcoming events you don’t want to miss.
- Get the tickets at the door for the Modernism Week Keynote with Martyn Lawrence Bullard (2/17)
- Last chance to get tickets for New Century Modernism – preview the Hidden Frey followed by court-side conversation with Hunker, Hutch, Poketo, and Design Research Studio about the advent of always-on design (2/17)
- Get social with your favorite bloggers! Ferguson Bath, Kitchen, & Lighting Gallery and Design Milk’s Jaime Derringer will be asking “Are Social Media Influencers Today’s Modern Day Rat Pack?” (2/17), while White On Rice will inspire the senses during a kitchen demo at CAMP (2/17).
- Home Tours tickets still available for A Day in Old Pompeii (2/17) and Sagewood: A Donald Wexler tour (2/17)
- The Modernism Show & Sale and Mod Design Expo kicks off this weekend (2/17-19)
- Slots still available for consultations with a landscape designer (2/17) and interior designer (2/18) at CAMP. You can also stop by the Dunn-Edwards Paint booth at CAMP anytime to book a color consultation.